Saturday, January 14, 2023

Seymour the Moose: Met Up with the Virginia Sisters

Last June I met two sisters from Virginia while I was working at the Anchorage Visitor's Center.  We've talked since then; however, haven't met in person until recently. 

Work had me at the Solstice Tree Tour at Kincaid Park mid-December.  It wasn't long after I arrived that people started saying a woman was looking for me.  They couldn't tell me who she was, just that she was asking people if they had seen me recently.  I was wandering around, admiring the trees, when I noticed a woman coming towards me calling my name.  It was Sal and she had a big grin on her face!  We had a nice conversation.  I told her I had been in contact with her niece's first grade class.  She told me they enjoyed hearing about Alaska.  We caught up on what we had been doing, took a few selfies and went on our separate ways.  It was too cold for a lengthy conversation.

Work today (01-14-2023) took me to the Best in Alaska Showcase at the Dena'ina Center.  I worked the Visit Anchorage Alaska booth between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.  Guess who stopped by the booth!  The Virginia sisters!  We couldn't visit very long, I was supposed to be working, but it was real good to see them again.


With Sal at Kincaid Park:





With Sal and BB at the Alaska Showcase


Seymour

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are back❤️

It’s Friday morning, sitting with coffee after a lovely 12 hour sleep.  Sally is across from me plotting out not-to-miss activities for the ...